The most common fruit in southern part of India is banana. There are many recipes made from this fruit because of its abundance in the region. This recipe is famously called as ‘Kachayam’ and is an integral part of many households. Kids enjoy this delicious recipe as a snack during their evenings. Its crispy texture on outside and a soft filling inside makes this sweet just melt in your mouth. Now, let’s jump into the recipe.
- 2 ripe large bananas (or 3 ripe medium sized bananas)
- 4 heaped tbsp. all purpose flour/maida
- 1.5 tbsp. rice flour
- 1/2 tsp. cardamom powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3-4 tbsp. of sugar
- In a mixing bowl ,add all purpose flour, rice flour, bananas, cardamom powder, sugar ,baking soda, and mix them well.
- Maintain pancake consistency, if the above mix feels little too dry, add little water.
- Heat oil in a frying pan.
- Using a pit spoon, add this batter 3 or 4 at a time and let them fry well until the batter turns golden brown.
- Maintain medium heat for the oil, so the inside cooks well .
- Once cooked well, serve it hot with a cup of coffee or tea.
Hope you all enjoy this wonderful recipe.
Leave a Reply