Avocados are one of the most nutritious fruit one can have for their breakfast. The fruit being rich in fiber and anti-oxidants, is good for heart’s health. The fruit reduces bad cholesterol from our body and balances with good cholesterol. The buttery texture of the fruit keeps you full and helps you from over-eating. This avocado toast has been our staple breakfast for many months now. Just to add in more flavors , we prepare the toast with homemade ‘Jalapeño bread‘. Let’s now jump into the recipe.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1 Avocado
- 1 medium sized onion
- 1/2 bell pepper
- 1 small green chili
- mozzarella cheese shred
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp hummus
- 1 tsp peanut butter
Getting the spread (Guacamole ) ready
- Finely chop onions ,chili and bell pepper .
- Peel the avocado fruit and mix them with the finely chopped vegetables mentioned above. Note: Make sure the avocado is neither too ripe nor raw.
- Add pepper, salt and lemon juice and mix them well.
- Toast the bread.
- Apply hummus on 1 slice and peanut butter on the other toast slice.
- Apply the avocado spread.
- Add some cheese shred.
- Heat a grill toaster and then press this toast well until the cheese melts.
- The avocado spread can be prepared with finely chopped nuts and dry fruits which kids might love.
- Non-spice lovers can avoid green chili.
- Persons with peanut allergies could substitute with almond spread or butter.
Hope you all enjoy this healthy and delicious toast. Please try it and let me know your comments.
Leave a Reply