Hakka noodles(vegetarian) , a recipe from Chinese cuisine is prepared from boiled noodles and stir fried vegetables with variety of sauces. Chinese cuisine is cooked on high range (gas stove) which helps in keeping the vegetables crunchy . It is also important that the noodles is cooked in a little excess oil to keep the flavors intact. If the quantity of oil is reduced for diet restrictions, it is quite possible that the dish could be dry. Let’s now jump into the recipe.
- 200g veg. Hakka Noodles
- 1 cup of vegetables cut into thin strips (beans, carrot, bell pepper)
- 1 medium sized onion or 1/2 cup spring onion
- 2 tsp. soy sauce
- 3 tsp. chili garlic sauce
- 1 tsp. rice vinegar
- 2-3 tbsp. sesame oil
- Add 3 – 4 cups of water in a pan and bring it to boil .
- Add a few drops of oil , so the noodles do not stick to one another.
- Add the noodles in the boiling water and remove the noodles after 2 minutes of cooking. It is necessary to remove the noodles at the right time to avoid a mushy consistency.
- Drain water from the noodles and add 1 tsp. of oil over them. Adding oil helps to maintain the temperature of the noodles and prevents them from cooling down and becoming sticky.
- Now, add 2 – 3 tbsp. of sesame oil in a frying pan. Ensure the flame is high, which is essential to maintain crunchy feel of the veggies.
- Add onions and fry them until they turn brown.
- Now add the vegetable strips.
- Stir them for a few seconds
- Now add 1 tsp. of rice vinegar, 2 tsp. soy sauce and 3 tsp. of chili garlic sauce. If you like the noodles to be extra spicy, add 1 more tsp. of chili garlic sauce.
- Add noodles to the fried vegetables and toss it well or use tongs to mix them . Do not over stir it, as the noodles might get mushy.
- Once tossed well, remove the pan from the cooking range.
- Serve the noodles hot with tomato ketchup . It can also be served with a clear veggie soup.
Hope you all enjoy this recipe!