Poha (flattened rice) is a traditional Indian breakfast which is very healthy .It is very rich in iron ,anti-oxidants and also gluten free. It helps people who feel bloated during their mornings. Since not much oil is needed to cook, it feels very light. Knowing all these benefits, let’s jump into the recipe.
- 1 cup of poha (thin)
- 1 onion (medium size)
- chopped potato, beans (4-5 beans and 1 medium sized potato)
- 2 tbsp. of corn, peas (frozen/fresh)
- 2 tbsp. of peanut powder
- 1/2 tsp kasthuri methi
- 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp of mustard seeds, cumin seeds and urad dhal
- 2 dried red chili
- coriander leaves for garnishing
If you are using thin poha it should be just washed and let it dry on a plate for 5 mins. For thick poha, soak it in water for a few mins and then completely drain the water and let it dry for 5 mins.
- In a frying pan , add 1 tbsp. of oil/ghee .Once the oil gets hot add mustard seeds ,cumin seeds ,urad dhal and dried red chili.
- Add all the vegetables after the mustard seeds splutter .
- Add turmeric powder , salt and let the vegetables cook. Add a little water for the vegetables to cook.
- Once the vegetables are completely cooked add poha into the pan. If you like crunchy vegetables, add poha when the vegetables are half cooked.
- Stir it well so the flavor of vegetables gets into poha.
- Add peanut powder and kasthuri methi. If you like peanut flavor , add one more tbsp. of peanut powder.
- Stir it once again gently.
- Remove the pan from the stove top and garnish the poha with a lavish spread of coriander leaves.
Hope you all enjoy this dish.